Thursday, March 13, 2014

Aerial Fitness 1 yr Anniversary!

Time flies when you’re defying gravity. This month marks my one year anniversary of becoming an aerial fitness instructor at The Girls Room Dallas, and I couldn’t love my job MORE! As if being a part of such a wonderful and loving family of athletes wasn’t incentive enough, I also get the opportunity to empower, challenge and learn from all of these fabulous women who cross my path.



 

This time last year I was wrapping up training with Founder of The Girls Room, Karyn Pentecost. After shadowing her and my fellow instructors, I felt more than ready to get started. I began teaching private lessons on the weekends like it was going out of style. The sweating and soreness made me acknowledge that IT WAS WORKING. All of my efforts were beginning to show, in my body as well as state of mind and overall being.

 





I began experimenting with smarter, and healthier vegetarian meal options and stayed away from the bar scene to make sure I stayed on the ball. Who wants to take classes from an out of shape personal trainer? Pretty sure no one. The weight dropped seemingly instantaneously. I didn’t even notice until all my ‘skinny pants’ were dropping past my thighs, needless to say I’m in the process of re-vamping my wardrobe. All donations can be made to the Jonna-lost-like-30-pounds association. But for real.



HERE is my post from last year after Karyn gave me the opportunity of a lifetime! 


http://jblackpolefit.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-girls-rooms-new-level-1-2-instructor.html



 

I am so thankful, as well as proud of myself, to be involved and welcomed into such an incredible group of men and women who share the same, one passion. I’ve never heard of another group of athletes who train and compete against one another, and who will turn around and actually HELP choreograph, and even SUBMIT COMPETITION EMAILS for one another. That’s love right there! Now, thanks to the support (and flat out SHOVE) from my sisters, I am competing in my first ever Aerial Fitness competition this summer in Austin Texas at the Capital of Texas Pole Dance Competition! I am still just in the beginnings of my pole fitness journey and look forward to the opportunities that lay ahead of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE XOXO



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment