Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Girls Room's NEW Level 1 & 2 Instructor!

Wow, a lot has happened since I've last posted! Where do I start?! HMM, I guess with the part where I GOT CERTIFIED IN POLE FITNESS LEVEL 1 & 2!

Karyn Pentecost, the founder of The Girls Room LLC asked me a few months back to consider becoming certified in Pole Fitness: Levels 1 and 2. I OBVIOUSLY responded with a gigantic "YES!" And it could NOT have come at a perfect time. A week prior to Karyn's proposal I had been dumped and cheated on by my boyfriend and best friend of two years. Completely blind sided and heart broken, I turned to pole fitness and used it as my outlet.
I felt empowered and liberated, and it helped me really buckle down on my technique. That being said, I still have a long way to go but learn more each and every day.


Looking back at my entire pole fitness journey with The Girls Room, I am so thankful for whole experience. Had I not spent that $50 on that 5 day fit-pass, I would have never known about this magnificent, underground world of badass, elegant athletes. My membership was an investment in my fitness, my health, and my hard earned money. The money I busted my ass to make went to bettering myself, and that's how I justified my expense. Legit, right? Thought so. :)

About my training process -
I have spent this past weekend following Karyn and Deseree at the Frisco and Dallas location, and have learned so much. Friday evening I sat with Karyn, one on one after teaching 6 beginners the basics of pole fitness. The girls learned Indian Swing and Warrior, and one girl even got a good climb in! My solo session with Karyn was very beneficial and inspiring. It takes strong women to do what we do, as well as start your own business and I can learn a lot from the women within the pole community. Which, by the way, there's more of us in this tight, loving community than you'd think!

Saturday I shadowed Deseree with two FABULOUS bachelorette parties! And let me tell you, we had a BLAST! I cannot wait to throw one for my best friend, Pam in May! We spun and booty popped all day in the studio, learning the basic level 1 & 2 tricks while also mastering some super sexy chair choreography! I just realised almost all of my sentances end in explaimation marks-Guess that's how you know I'm excited. Today (Sunday) Karyn held a Level 1 & 2 workshop in Irving, where we molded a fresh newbie into a beautiful beginner level dancer. I was very beneficial to me to experience a clean slate to help guide in the beginner levels that I'll be teaching.


I haven't uploaded a couple of videos since my last post, so I've included them below! Please check them out and get a taste of what goes on at The Girls Room and stick around to see videos in the future of beginner levels 1 & 2 and The Girls Room, Irving!


Thanks for reading and I hope to see you at the St. Pattys Day competition and showcase at The Girls Room Frisco, 3.16.2013 6:00-9:00!




No comments:

Post a Comment