Saturday, December 7, 2013

You own your OWN transformation -Tricia Lauerman

*This entry is dedicated to Tricia Lauerman, which I am saving the 'best' paragraph for last!

Everyone knows everything is bigger in Texas, but aerialists world wide acknowledge Texans for their intensity and ferocity in not only aerial artistry/training, but entrepreneurship as well. Texas, being among the top 9 entrepreneur states, also hosts one of the most widely known, elite pole fitness and aerial silks competitions nation wide. I guess you could say us Texans have a fast paced way of life, and we don't disagree! That must be why it's so admirable for a woman, with a loving family and sense of determination to get up and start her own business. Not just any business, but a pole fitness studio! Complete with Hip hop cardio, Aerial silks, Lyra hoop, and Ballet barre!

My friend Tricia Lauerman, who is one of the most insanely in-shape people I've ever met, runs a home, and takes care of her awesome kids and super cool husband while running a business. I have no idea how she does it, but thank God she does, because Frisco TX has way too many talented polers in the area not to have a training spot! Everything from the wall decor to the garment hangers are absolutely adorable, which just makes it that much more exciting to dance in! Tricia has done an amazing job at putting her own je ne sais quoi on the place, and had great feedback at her recent Grand Opening party.


Laurie Shull Reynolds displaying Lyra hoop art
Performances included a Lyra hoop demonstration but Laurie Reynolds, a certified lyra hoop instructor heavily involved in the Dallas aerial community.
Check out Espy's son! 
 Following Laurie's lyra hoop awesomeness was an Aerial silks performer and a raffle for a free acro yoga workshop, which my friend and student Natalia luckily won! We then found our seats to prepare for the hip hop performance, led by Kim, A fiercely fit zumba/hip hop cardio instructor who we have all fallen in love with her for her sweet personality and intense training mentality. This lady eats burpees for breakfast. Tricia, Jamie, Espy, Jamie, Espy's SON and I jammed out with Kim in the hip hop showcase and has a blast! That's right, my friends SON showed us up with his hip hop style!




OH, and we can't forget the other brave soul who volunteered for Lillianas awesome zumba demo! 



No caption needed.





After the cardio performances, it was time for some pole! YEAH! I enjoyed watching my former students and friends perform, they truly blew my mind in the sense that they revealed a side which they had never before. Adrenaline, it's one hell of a drug! My girl Nissa KILLED IT with her emotion in her routine, which to my belief was her first performance. If that indeed was her first performance, and she brought that amount of passion to her movement, all I have to say is watch out y'all! 









Joy, oh Joy. She tapped into her inner dark side and rocked out like a bad ass! First of all, adorable outfit. Second of all, if this showcase had a 'Miss Trixter' title to hand out, it'd be given to THIS GIRL! The combos just didn't stop coming. It was elegant insanity. Growing in my pole fitness journey, Joy has always been by my side helping and encouraging me throughout my progress, and it was amazing to see her completely own her routine and capture the entire audience. 


FIERCE 




Tricia did her jam, and brought the musicality like the BOSS she is. Which, gave me chills undoubtedly. In fact if you were to get a hold of her video, you can probably hear me screaming every other 8 count because of her being so on point! That must be why she's reigning CHAMP Miss Texas Pole Star Masters div. 2012! Keeping the title in house, Tricia handed the crown off to Miss Divinity, who is a drop dead gorgeous mother and wife residing in the Frisco area. There's nothing more inspiring to a dancer than seeing two of her title winning champion friends perform, along with her many other strong and blossoming dancer friends rock it out together under one roof. 

Miss Texas Pole Star Masters Champion 2013


After a few jams, it was my turn to showcase! I picked a song that I often turn to when I'm seeking to evoke my most emotional dancing, and truly 'feel' the music. 'Echoes of Silence' by The Weeknd is a gorgeous lyrical jam that helped me take my sweet time through my transitions and show em what I wanted em to see-PRETTINESS. Not 'Sexyness', or 'Hotness', whatever that even may be. Defending pole fitness is a job we as polers take on, and I choose to reveal to strong and elegant side of pole fitness contrary to the stereotype.

Me, performing at Altitude Fitness, Frisco 


After my dance, I was applauded by my friend (slash family) and greeted by Tricia with a hug and a shout out. After giving me props on my 25lb-ish weightloss to the crowd, I thanked her for all her help. She then shook her head and said into the mic "You own your OWN transformation, girl!" which resonated with me so humbly. Because us women are pretty bad at taking compliments, aren't we! She couldn't be more right, I did have her guidance and encouragement the whole time but it was ME who did the dirty work and shred the pounds. That's when this picture was snapped! 2013 was a 'comeback' year for me, which I lost a BUNCH of weight, and gained a ton of sisters and self confidence, thanks to The Girls Room, Altitude Fitness, and my own perseverance!




No comments:

Post a Comment